Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sagna Camping - part 4 - the rest of the trip


I was stopped in my tracks seeing these tracks.  It was so powerful to me to see the big and small bare feet.  Who was following who?
Morning comes and I was a bit damp in my roomy tent I had all to myself!  I didn’t think much of it as it had rained and was pretty damp outside---I come to discover later that I had been flooded! hahaha that was hilarious! 
On top of this fact i step outside my tent am looking around talking to whomever is awake and then BAM!  After 5 minutes of standing aimlessly around i shout “Oh my GOD!”  these rapids were practically on top of our campsite.  IT was a glorious vision to wake to!
                                       
Saturday was a mellow day.  It began with a paparazzi-filled yoga sesh (the Kenyan’s had no idea what we were doing and kept sneakily snapping pictures with their phones.  I explained, this is exercise that comes from India long ago where you do a lot of stretching to strengthen your body and mind.  Their response,  then why don’t you call it stretching!?  I couldn’t argue with that!)  Next was eggy bread (or rather, French Toast -- although those with closer ties to Britain denounce anything French and hate to give them credit, enter, eggy bread!)  Followed by a nature hike with a guide named Jumo (who i swear was eating some berries that was getting him all sorts of stoned) There was a little dip in the water and eventually dinner!  Our dinner was a hand selected chicken of which the campground staff killed, de-feathered and de-boned for us, then started a BBQ for us and a fire pit, turned on the generator for light and refrigeration of Tuskers® Beer.  We all sang songs while Zoli strummed his guitar and Dave thumped away on his drums.  It was glorious!!
a tiny ambassador to the Sagana hills, with a swollen eye and a makeshift toy car greeted us as we walked through his neighborhood
our tiny friend's neighborhood consisting of (from left to right) a grain store, a home and another home or shed
The funny berries Jumo was munching on.  (after I took the picture, i showed him in the play back and he said it didn't even look like his hand.  And for some reason it didn't.  I don't know why that conversation has stuck with me, but it has)


Local boys doing their chores and playing games with us. The laughed and ran when we said Jambo to them.  Then when we I took their picture, the proceeded to ask for money

Rhodesian fire lily (reminded me of  Miss Lily!)


the muddy, run-off river was all milky in color because of the rice patties littering the area
LOOK AWAY IF YOU ARE A VEGITERRIAN: The hen in my friend Peter's hand (Peter manages the camp) was de-feathered and de-boned just for us.  And she was yummy
Our BBQ and campfire being perfected by Dave

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing camping trip! wow, I am in awe at how beautiful every thing is!

    ReplyDelete