Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Workers Union Mass: A mass of hard working men

Walking!  Walking makes New Yorkers some of the most beautiful people I have ever seen.  I am serious!  LA has nothing on the amazing bods that New Yorkers rock.  My biggest goal while in New York was to walk.  Have a look at the ground I covered while experiencing all that NY would share with me.

The day I was heading Uptown from Steve Griffin’s house in Greenwich Village to the Met, I was fortunate enough to walk upon a mass of Union Workers in front of a glorious old church.  It was barely debated in my mind before I crossed the street and jumped into the masses of hard hat-toting men.  I began to snap away.  I even climbed some scaffolding.  One man asked me if I was with the Daily News I laughed and said no.  Then some how the fib began that I was a freelance photographer - I went with it and got a little more bold, beginning to then ask the men if I could take their pictures.  Between their razzing of various co-workers ugly-factor breaking my camera, I found out this was a mass for the fallen workers of the past.  That made this wonderful happen-stance a powerful event in my life.  If only I were really Catholic, hadn’t realized I had left my sun glasses at the shoe store I had been in 6 blocks before and wasn’t trying to get to, I would have stayed.  Until my next wonderful luck of stumbling onto a powerful congregating group, the pictures I got will have to suffice.






No comments:

Post a Comment