Sunday, April 22, 2012

Deep in the Heart of Texas

My adventure began at with my cousins.  One picked me up at the New Orleans airport and then we high-tailed it to Longview, TX!  On our way, the sky flashed with lightning and we drove through sheets of rain.  It was such a beautiful show.

Spending time with my family filled my heart.  Do you think there is any way your heart can actually explode from being filled so deep?  Between the "feast for breakfast because Cousin Fred is coming" (i am Cousin Fred - formerly known as Cousin Lexi), playing sharks and minnows in the pool, going to the stables, BBQ ribs, Cajun crawfish boils in old bomb shelters, surprise toads in the house, Medieval Times and hugs and lots of laughs, I am all warm and fuzzy!
Samantha is so proud of her horse Tally
The horse I fell in love with.  I think
Tally the horse, Oreo the Goat, Zachary the Kid!

Texas BBQ

 

Hubcap and the Loose Bolts were the perfect compliment to the Cajun Seafood at The Shack!


  
this shack had great seafood, 9" of sawdust on the floor, and if you'd like to donate to this establishment beer


I love them like my brother and sister!!  If only you could have seen the fun car ride home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow everything looks amazing and it looks like you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete