Saturday, September 1, 2012

Never know

You just never know when something will change your life... Not that anything has happened lately, at least nothing I have noticed, but always every day you are shifting. I am sitting and enjoying my quite weekend after 4 months of fabulous change, incredible work, devastating lose and the introduction of beautiful souls in my ever flavorful life.
I miss my friends and family but also I am constantly overwhelmed with the fact that my fortune in life is incomparable to my past most imagined thoughts of a beautiful life for me.
Kenya is incredible! I still cannot put my finger on it but it might start with the fabulous people, the multi-cultural experience every day, feeling the shifting and movement in an entire economy, or even the constant greater awareness to my surroundings. I am so...there are really no words. But it is something like lucky or fortunate. It overwhelms me with close to tears almost everyday just being so amazed by life.
A recap of this week:
-I started in Nyali, Mombasa on site where me and my favorite electrical contractor and java project manager met at the Moi international airport drinking 100shilling beers awaiting the riots to subside (a prominent Muslim leader had been assassinated so Muslim youths were rioting his death, as only one would expect) MONDAY
- next,on site all day which is always exhilarating and exhausting at the same time. Then it was the same waiting game letting the riots die down so I could get to the airport and back to Nairobi. Apparently the mombasians do not care to riot at night nor in the morning. They can only sustain about 4 hours on average of protest and church burning, then they need to sleep. Disclaimer: All Kenyans confirm this observation. TUESADAY
-So much work, but a friend tore me from my desk to get a beer and some dinner :) that was nice and needed WEDNESDAY
-working soo hard prepping for a meeting Friday and as my dad would say 'putting out fires'. THURSDAY
-during the following work day, I gained a big score for little old me when I received great accolades from my big boss in the way I conducted myself in a meeting
That night settling in with a book, headed to sleep, my friend Diana surprised me, so then I invited my friend Claudia and we had some wine. The two were able to support each other with the recent deaths of their mothers--this may have been one of those life changing moments for them and for me, I realized I could be a conduit, which made me very proud. FRIDAY
- my amazing friend Caroline set me up with the best facial lady (sandie), so I started my morning with beauty and relaxation. Then plopped myself at the village market, discovery new and enjoying old places I have found. Landing finally at beautiful ArtCafe. Never knowing what life will present to me SATURDAY

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are very busy over there! What great way to end the day, with such a sweet compliment!!

    ReplyDelete