Sunday, July 29, 2012

Four Firsts in One Sunday

1- my friend Joel who works in the building where I live, and his friend Godfrey, took me to their church. It was in Kawangware (classified as a slum) there was singing and dancing and a whole lot of swahili I didn't understand. It was fabulous!!
2 - they took me on my first matatu ride. Matatus are the closest thing to public transportation in Kenya but they cram people into these vans and go off roading through the traffic.
3 - finally I had nyama choma (BBQ) and it just so happened to be goat meat, that was surprisingly better than imagined!
4 - with everything Joel and Godfrey shared with me today, I treated them to FroYo at Planet Yogurt. They loved it and have declared to work very hard so that they can bring their children back (when they have them)


Driving into Kawangware (can you see the goats I am about to eat?)
Joel (Pronounced Jo-elle) on the left and Godfrey on the Right
Our Goat being cut up.  Ugali on the right and chips front and center
Only in pictures have I seen Joel stop smiling...haha

No comments:

Post a Comment